Sometimes I feel quite grateful for being a pessimist, who believes that everything about life is fundamentally tragic. This gives me my own comfort zone where I am protected from the disappointment that too much expectation entails. "Winter kept us warm, covering Earth in forgetful snow" as Eliot eloquently put it. What's more since life flits so fast from one tragedy to another, there is not much time to dwell over any particular one. Yesterday my research results were proven wrong, today I do badly at soccer, tomorrow my girlfriend dumps me, and then the other day I am generally depressed about the undignified condition of man.....where is the time to sit and cry over anything in particular? This keeps me from getting obsessed with anything in particular, no single pain gets pampered into acquiring larger-than-life proportions. I get the sense of stoic continuity and stability that is so important to me, in my wintry nest, and nothing whatsoever seems unjust or unreasonable!
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
The reverse is sometimes true too, you know? Life as a serious of joy-inducing moments, that is. You discover a person/people to love, you get to travel with friends, your research gets published, you go home for a large, delicious stretch of time and the anticipation keeps you impossibly content and happy inside. So many that you don't focus on one in particular and give it larger than life proportions, but flow from one peak of happiness to the next :-)
PS word veri is "mingl," heehee
aar boss, Eliot, Eliot!! NOT Elliot. sorry for nitpicking but eta just neoa gyalo na re.
(and to acknowledge my own typo in the previous post, here goes: series*)
whatever works.
and what "Elliot"?
Should've done an image capture, you voltfacing aardvark you.
"volte facing" ;)
Okay, thank you. "Volte face" it is, then. What can I say, the spirit of outrage at your volte facing moved me to the quick, and I reacted with more passion than precision, hence the typo.
Kintu at least ami amar previous comment delete kore hypocrite-cutting holam na. *nose in air*
Also, accha, read this. Made me think of you:
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2223
Also, it took you 12 days to catch the bloody typo?!
bahahahahahahaha.
hahaha.
haha.
HA.
Post a Comment