The darkness clung like bats in untidy clumps to the walls, only to be pierced by occasional dizzying bursts of the purple strobe light from the dance floor. The music was loud, peppy and ill-suited to my sober taste. Alcohol and hormones were steadily working in the bodies around me, as they clanged and clashed with purposeful abandon.
She hung on my arms like a limp ragdoll. She smiled at me with her dull yellow eyes, her purple streaked hair had come undone, her lips looked luscious and tempting. I barely knew her. She never seemed to enjoy my company when she was sober. We hardly spoke at work. Half an hour back she was flirting with me, in a dull girly way, that does little to turn me on. Then gradually she became physically more insistent, running her fingers through my hair, playing with my glasses, pressing very close to me as we danced. She was clearly very drunk, and probably missing her boyfriend of some months. It was precisely because he was out of town that she'd agreed to come out with me in the first place.
I could feel her softness pushing up against my chest, her breathing was warm on my face, my arm held her by her side, there was little sense in her eyes : were my hands beginning to probe her, very imperceptibly sliding towards a pleasurable destination? I hadn't had a woman in a while. All men are supposed to like groping when the chance presented itself. I was starving and this was food on a platter. But,but she's a friend's girlfriend....shouldn't I rather drop her off at home and let all consciences rest easy?
I did neither. This girl cared little for me, we had never put together a meaningful conversation in our several months of acquaintance, I was not her type, and she was just playing a silly game fueled by alcohol. I just let her drop from my arms and walked out, past the dark, clammy bodies, past the bright lights, out into the clear spring air. I want to live like a lion, not a hyena, and I will have what I want, when I want it and in the way that I want it.
No comments:
Post a Comment