I am not a fan of gender stereotypes and unquestioning performance of gender roles. So far so good.
But I have recently diagnosed myself with a tendency to overcompensate. For example since a man of my age is expected to chase women, I instead feel annoyed by most women, and am uncompromisingly critical of the slightest of human flaws in them. But seriously , this I will never get : why do so many men compromise their dignity by stupidly going after just any woman, and why do so many women pay attention to such men? Only a sense of deep frustration can make people so needy. I must be profoundly happy from within to not feel any burning need for such callous diversions.
2 comments:
The answer is: sexual dysfunction on both sides. I mean it in the strictest physiological sense. Chasing after everybody in sight is a sure-fire sign that one needs to visit a doctor.
It needn't necessarily mean you're profoundly happy from within. It might just mean that your sexual/romantic requisites are different, and you are merely not attracted by the sort of mating rituals you see around you.
Call me any time you need to pop a happy bubble :-|
Post a Comment