Monday, September 21, 2009

Note to Self

I feel like a feudal lord on the wane : the kind who has his powerlust intact, but finds his fiefdom crumbling around himself, as the prissy winds of modernization conspire to render him increasingly irrelevant. There are only two ways to be for him : a) the way of Don Quixote de la Mancha, to not give a damn and build magnificient castillos of grand delusion, and b) the Istanbullu way of huzn, to seek refuge in collective melancholia induced by lost glory. Babu Biswambhar from Jalsaghar did both : post-Renaissance Bengali that he was, knew how to combine the best of both Orient and Occident.Or wait...there's a third way too : to have his car, cooling machine, wireless router, laptop battery and shoe repaired. I suspect the recent niggles in these and my postponing attending to these for long have something to do with this feeling of crumbling decadence and dysfunctionality around me. Also I must remember to not address myself in the third person : only megalomaniacs like Julius Caesar do that.

No comments: