Friday, April 6, 2012

I dream of an India.....

I dream of an India,
where women roam the streets
in slutty clothes, taunting men
with the brazen power
of their naked limbs.
Those slant-eyed, light-skinned
girls sell their bodies if they
so wish, but refuse to be
branded and sold like cattle.

I dream of an India,        
where the Dalit, the beggar
the poor, and the homeless
play hiphop, sport attitude
and don't give a damned fuck.
They hold knives to middle-class
throats, fill up prisons, spill out
on streets, but refuse to live like
pathetic broken-down pariahs.

I dream of an India,
where the people of the hills,
and forests, and mines, and farms,
the dark ones you never see or hear,
the ones running away from cyclones
and earthquakes, invade the cities
like zombie armies, pull of a coup,
take over the government, and refuse
to die from malaria or malnutrition.

No comments: