I let another birthday quietly slip by yesterday. The only people who wished me were my parents, some weird airline companies whose emails I had signed up to receive for some obscure reason in the distant past, and one random woman friend off the internet who insisted on knowing when my birthday was.
This is of course the way I planned it to be. I don't want to be complimented on growing older, having a fuss made about it, and then be expected to be happy about it. It's just another day in the calendar anyway. I am lucky to be mostly surrounded by no-nonsense overwhelmingly male friends who don't remember calendar dates, and are also usually not literary-minded (or jobless) enough to read my blogs. :D
Anyway I turned 27, and that's the cube of three (3^3). This is surely the last time I get to be a n^n number of years-old (where n is a natural number), because clearly no one lives till 4^4 = 256 , at least with currently available medical technology.
ps : just as I was about to upload this, it turns out that my childhood home tutor has remembered to wish me. It's quite astonishing, isn't it?! She last saw me, maybe 16 years ago, and it's only recently that we got back on touch through facebook.
3 comments:
Happy belated Birthday!!!
Thanks!! :)
Jah, tor jonmodin chhilo jantam na. What did you do shedin? Did we meet up? Mone porchhe na :)
Post a Comment