Today I shall not care about the battles in life and love that I have lost.
I have memories that I can summon to salve them over.
I still remember the lonely evening in the university library when a twenty year old me stumbled upon a volume of "If on a Winter's Night : A Traveler" by an author I'd never heard of before. I do not remember what led me to open it, what caused me to linger on it, but it had happened. Ever since and before that there have probably been better books that I've read or liked (not many though!), but the pleasure of chance discovery is unmatchable. Love as they say can happen by chance, by a fortuitous blend of the right coincidences. And in this love there is no loss. It stays with you as long as you want it to.
ps : I have been sick for the last few days with a bad cold. It makes me want to linger on memories.

No comments:
Post a Comment