Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bigotry can be a good way to let off steam

Yes I am not European or American.
So I don't deserve to travel, be adventurous, try out a lot of different things, be a hippie, live life without a care. Not even Japanese, who have appropriated some amount of Western prestige by making clever little things.
I am Indian, born into Hinduism and my inescapable Karmic fate. The parameters of my life are monitored and laid out by the immutable strictures of the Vedas and the pariah geopolitical status of my country. Yes, I am slightly better off than my forefathers who were coolies and baboos for the Empire. But then again change happens very slowly.
I shall have to put my head down and work now. The Indians and the Chinese of our times have to keep on working, not unlike our forefathers before us, except now the color of our collars have changed a couple of shades, at least for many of us. So yes, to work...to work. We shall see whose grandchildren get to rule the world.
Let these mlechhas be wild, violent and hedonistic : let them question their religion, fight their brutal wars, rape the planet's resources, fornicate and be merry for now. At the end of the day, it's me who's going to be reborn, or even better attain moksha : not them.

2 comments: