Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dreaming of Sea and Sky

Two vastnesses collide in the beyond,
but gently, with incredible tranquility;
Like pensive rafts sailing into each other.

I am a child on the shore.
Free of care, engrossed
with footprints and surf.

The waves splash against the rocks
like some lovers' mock tease.
They recede but never cease.

Harmonious patterns rendered on shell
On sand, repeated in the foam by Wind's design,
in the metronome of the Ocean's lapping.

The noon Sun makes gentle love
To the Earth, amidst the hushed
whisperings of the salty Breeze.

A sea gull soars with wings spread;
Glides and rides the wind and becomes
a speck in the rarefied blue.

I too dive into the blue below,
and ride the waves to where they merge.
I too am a gull taking wing.

I hurtle through emptiness;
sniffing the clouds, touching birdwing,
feeling the air rush up to meet.

Emptiness has a color of its own,
and my form pierces it with a bold stroke,
leaves a salty taste in its wake.

I am tossed and whirled around,
Harsh screech of seabirds rings out,
Ah peace! as i drift into terminal speed.

A few moments of making contact,
with the bare blue beauty and then:
a slow touchdown; a coming back.

Insignificant me curled up in foetal embrace
feels the happiness of a million men,
a sated siesta glow in my limbs.

No comments: